Hack & Slash Games
- Genres:Hack & Slash
- Reset all filters
You may also be interested in:
- Xbox Games
- PSN Games
- Music Games
- Educational Games
- Single-Player Video Games | Games for One Player
- Multiplayer Games | Games for many players
- Local Co-op Games at the Best Price!
- Get Split Screen Games Cheaper!
- Third Person Games | PC, PS4, Xbox Titles with Third Person Perspective
- Side-Scroller Games | Discover the Best 2D Games!
- Isometric games | Discover games with a top-down view!
- VR Games | Buy Virtual Reality Games Cheaper!
- Horror games | Buy scary games cheaper!
If you want good and flashy combat, look no further! We have you covered with one of the biggest sub-genre of action games! If you like games with interesting main protagonists, this kind of action-oriented game will please your soul. Hack and slash video games are known for deeper combat mechanics, amazing characters, and visual effects. If you are looking for something like that, do yourself a favor and get to know the genre better with our guide.
What are hack and slash games?
These games emphasize combat with melee-based weaponry, like swords and blades, although in some cases, there are secondary weapons, like guns. The hack and slash genre was created from beat ‘em up games, and they have a lot of similar elements, despite the fact that usually, the perspective of camera and tempo is different. Hack n slash games are sometimes called character action games thanks to their feature of charismatic, well-written main protagonists. Basically, in this kind of game, the player controls a character and fights a lot of enemies and bosses lurking in levels. The fighting itself is often combo-based and requires some level of skill to master.
Best hack and slash games
Take a look at the most popular series of this kind of game.
- Devil May Cry. A series by Capcom, first released in 2001, is known as the top franchise of hack n slash games. You control a protagonist, usually a half-demon Dante, and slay hordes of various demonic entities in gothic environments;
- God of War. Since 2005, GoW has been known as one of the greatest action genre series, which is praised for its amazing combat and cinematic feel. Created by Santa Monica Studios, the GOW series offers breath-taking action alongside a protagonist demigod Kratos, who must slaughter various mythological creatures from Greek mythology in earlier games, to the beasts of the Norse myths in later installments;
- Bayonetta. Platinum Games, a company of ex-Capcom employees, presented the first installment of Bayonetta in 2009. In this game, you control a female protagonist, who is a demonic witch and must kill various kinds of angel-like entities. The series is known for strange humor and over-the-top action;
- Darksiders. Inspired by various titles, including Zelda, God of War, and Warcraft, the first Darksiders was released in 2001 by Vigil Games. Here you control one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, traverse levels in various ways, and slash waves of various monstrosities;
- Monster Hunter. Another series by Capcom. Monster, in essence, Hunter games don’t have a normal storyline. Instead, these games focus on hunting monsters and fighting with them in epic, long battles. With Monster Hunter: World (2018), the series became popular not only in Japan but also in the West;
- Dynasty Warriors. A popular series in Japan, Dynasty Warriors was created in 1997 by Omega Force. There are a lot of installments of the series, and with time, these games become more open and cinematic. Dynasty Warriors games are set in ancient China where war between different clans emerges. The series has a lot of various spin-off titles.
Whatever you choose – whether it’s hack and slash games for PC, PS4, or Xbox – be sure that you will get the best deal at Eneba and a crazy amount of action!